1. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Office shall lawfully and properly acquire personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use of such personal information.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Office shall use personal information within the extent necessary to achieve the following purpose that relate to the provision of legal services.
- Handling legal matters and sending and receiving communications relating to such legal matters.
- Providing information concerning the Office, the Office’s lectures and seminars, etc., sending newsletter and letters of greeting, etc. and offering other information related to the Office’s legal services.
- Responding to various enquires.
- Performing other business of the Office in a proper and efficient manner.
3. Use of Personal Information for Purposes Other Than Those Stated Above
The Office shall use personal information only for the purpose stated above and shall not use personal information for any other purposes without the consent of the relevant person except as otherwise provided for by laws or ordinances or unless such purpose of use is separately notified or announced.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Office shall not provide personal information to any third party without the consent of the relevant person except as otherwise provided for by laws or ordinances.
5. Implementation of Measures for Safe Management of Personal Information
The Office shall take necessary and proper measures and shall manage such personal information properly in order to prevent leakage, loss or waste of any personal information which the Office handles.
6. Requirement of Disclosure, Amendment to and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
If the Office is requested from a person to disclose, amend, add, delete or suspend the use of or cancel, or stop providing to any third party or give notice concerning the purpose of use of, his/her personal information held by the Office pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Law, the Office shall confirm that such person who made such request is the person of the relevant personal information and respond to such request properly in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law.
7. Contact Details for Enquiries
Please contact the Office by filling out the Contact form below for any comments, questions, requests for disclosure and other inquiries concerning the treatment of personal information.
Confirmation of the identity of the client
According to the Japan Federation of Bar Association’s “Regulations regarding Confirmation of Client’s Identity and Record Keeping” (1st of March 2013), the Office may ask the clients to confirm their identity. Your understanding and cooperation are appreciated.
Confirm your name, address and date of birth by receiving official documents such (for example, license card, passport, pension book, health insurance card and alien registration card).
Confirm the name of the corporation and the location of the head office or main office by receiving the certificate of registered matters, seal registration certificate etc., and confirm the name and title of the person who performs the business such as the representative of the corporation and the agent (e.g. by business card).